Thank you to Kelly from thekellydianereport.co.uk for writing this amazing guest post about learning to love yourself with self care!
One of my favorite quotes is “Give yourself the same care and attention that you give to others and watch yourself bloom”. It’s something that I have learned to live by over the last year and it has helped me in so many ways.
Self care is often forgotten about in the hustle and bustle of daily life. To avoid burnout, try to fit one form of self care into your routine each day.
It doesn’t have to take hours to do, it could just be 5 minutes. The most important thing is that those 5 minutes are yours and will benefit you.
I wanted to put together a list of ways that you could practice self care, fitting it easily into your life. I’ve included a mix of shorter as well as longer forms of self care so that there should be something for everyone.
When deciding what to pick, think about what you enjoy most. There is no point in choosing to read for 10 minutes a day if you get no enjoyment from reading. Just because it works for someone else, it doesn’t mean it will work for you, so choose wisely.
5 Minute Self Care Ideas
- Meditate and free your mind
- Create a body stretch routine
- Pop on your favorite song and dance like no one is watching
- Paint your nails
- Write a to-do list in priority order
- Wear your favorite outfit
- Repeat positive affirmations
- Write down 5 things you’re grateful for
15 Minute Self Care Ideas
- Write your thoughts down in a journal
- Read a chapter or two of a book
- Plan your meals for the week
- Apply a face mask
- Declutter your phone
- Have breakfast in your garden
- Donate unused things to charity
- Create a positive playlist with all your favourite songs
30 Minute Self Care Ideas
- Go for a walk
- Have a relaxing bath
- Pick an area of your home and declutter/organise it
- Get crafty – maybe do some colouring or create something
- Call a friend or family member
- Make a scrapbook / add to one you already have
- Bake a cake or other yummy treats
- Do a Sunday prep and get yourself ready for the coming week
No time limit Self Care Ideas
- Go to bed early
- Drink plenty of water
- Have a digital detox day/evening
- Look through old photos and reminisce
- Create a good morning and night-time routine
- Mute or unfollow those social media accounts that make you feel down
- Say no to those things that don’t spark joy
- Ask for help if you are stuck on something
Finding something for yourself
I hope you have found this list useful and that you have been able to pick out a few suggestions to add to your routine.
One thing I’d like to remind you is that self-love means taking care of your own health, mentally and physically. You should never sacrifice your own well-being to please others. Remember, self care is how you take your power back and create something beautiful and amazing.
About The Author
Hello, I’m Kelly from thekellydianereport.co.uk and I’m so happy to be able to write this guest post for Em. I have been blogging on and off for nearly 10 years and have suffered from burnout on several occasions during that time. I hope you have found this post useful and I hope you to can learn to love yourself through self care.
Connect with Kelly on twitter.
Thank you for reading,