Using journal prompts for mental health is a popular technique inside and out of therapy. Journaling doesn’t have to just be writing what you need to do or have done in a day (although that is very useful too). Journaling can be a great way of clearing the mind, reducing anxiety and helping depression.
As many of you know, I love bullet journaling and I use it a lot for mental health journaling and it really does help! I recommend everyone should try it and see how it can help you.
Don’t know where to start? Here are 21 journal prompts for mental health that I swear by. These mental health journaling prompts are perfect for anxiety, depression or even just an off day!
Before we start, why not download these FREE mental health trackers to accompany these journaling prompts?
Journal Prompts For Mental Health
1. What have you achieved in the past week?
2. What are three good qualities you have?
3. What could you do right now to make yourself feel worse?
4. What could you do right now to make yourself feel better?
5. What are you most proud of?
6. What are 3 things you’re most grateful for?
7. What is the main thing on your mind today?
8. What makes you happy?
9. Who do you feel happiest around?
10. What would you say to your past self?
11. What would you say to your future self?
12. What is your biggest goal in life?
13. When do you feel most confident?
14. When was the last time you felt truly yourself and what were you doing?
15. Where do you feel happiest?
More Journal Prompts For Mental Health
16. What is something you would like to improve on?
17. What habits could you implement to make life easier?
18. What is your biggest limiting belief?
19. If you were talking to someone else in your situation, what would you say to them?
20. If you could manifest anything immediately what would it be?
21. What motivates you to keep going?
I hope these mental health journaling prompts help clear your mind and help to make you feel better!
If you are struggling, please reach out to someone you trust and remember you are AMAZING.
Liked this post? Here’s some more you might like:
- 8 Simple Self Care Ideas For Depression
- How To Cope With Post Lockdown Anxiety
- Morning Routine Ideas For Mental Health
Announcement: Perfect Productivity, my new ebook, will be released on Monday 24th August!
To get early access and 50% off sign up for my newsletter HERE
Thank you for reading,